Data Center Energy Engineer, Global Mission Critical Data Center services
Energy Services Clean Tech: Leader in Delivering Integrated Critical Facility Services and Full Life Cycle Engineering Building Solutions
This is a Position Description of a successfully
Completed Search Assignment
For a listing of current openings (active searches currently under way),
please see Mission Critical Openings
Location: Successful candidate could be based in Phoenix or Salt Lake City OR Denver
(Relocation assistance available -- but not required -- as successful candidate was already living and working in Salt Lake City!)
| Data Center Energy Engineer
this is a blank line longer than longest line below
About the opportunity:
Privately held, we are the recognized leader in our segment of the critical facilities design, build operate & maintain and energy services space. Our integrated, full lifecycle approach includes consulting, design build, O&M, energy savings and facility solutions – delivered via an innovative methodology providing a single point of accountability. We take pride in helping our clients drive inefficiencies out of the design construction, operations and maintenance of their mission critical data centers, ultimately optimizing the full lifecycle profitability of any energy intensive mission critical facility.
Integrated approach to Green: We’ve been focused on the environment and energy savings for over 50 years. Our employees tell us that they join us – and stay – because we are an innovative organization that cares about the bigger issues. There is a strong team mentality and shared commitment to the long-term impact of any project on energy use and the environment. We’ve always been attuned to the need for sustainable solutions, to being a good community member and to growing a responsible business that helps our employees and communities thrive and prosper.
About the position:
The Energy Engineer will play a critical role supporting one of the most prestigious mission critical data centers in the world. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing energy savings in a world class mission critical data center environment. You will bring your skills in auditing the energy efficiency of mission critical data centers, technically analyzing the potential savings, developing the project plan for the client and help them in implementing and realizing the projected benefits.
If you have an engineering degree and at least five years of experience in the following, we want to hear from you:
- Current understanding of relevant building, HVAC system and energy codes.
- Experience installing data logging equipment and interpreting results
- Comprehensive understanding of the following areas as they relate to energy savings: under floor air distribution in raised floor applications; and optimizing / controlling chilled water systems and CRAC units
- Proficient with critical power infrastructure (UPS Systems, Battery Plants, Static Transfer Switch, PDUs, Remote Power Panels, ATS, Generators and associated Switchgear)
- Understanding of multiple building automation system platforms
- Performing both high level and detailed technical energy audits with specific expertise in auditing Tier I – Tier IV data centers.
- Identifying specific facility improvement measures (FIM’s) for building infrastructure (e.g. electrical, mechanical, controls, water, waste, irrigation, and lighting systems).
- Calculating energy cost savings by hand, and using excel or modeling software.
- Documenting FIM’s, including accurate scope descriptions, equipment specification, energy savings potential, benefits, and backup data to verify.
- Providing detailed analysis of utility bill data including benchmarking the data against similar facilities (using industry standards e.g. EnergyStar, DCIE, PUE etc.)
- Working with utilities to obtain rebates based on audits and for specific FIM implementations.
Your Value Proposition:
Compensation includes a market competitive base salary based on relevant experience and recent history, performance-based bonus opportunity and generous benefits package.
please email your resume in strictest confidence.
For most immediate consideration, please provide salary history (or specify your salary requirement.)