The Boland Group - Successfully Completed Mission Critical Assignments
Below are selected representative searches we have successfully conducted
for organizations in mission critical, information intensive and energy sensitive industries:
(Click here to see mission critical positions for which we're currently
recruiting (active searches)
- For an innovative leader in the use of advanced technology to
increase the competitiveness
of American manufacturing,
- a newly created position,
Vice President, Federal Business Development,
to spearhead the Public Sector growth of this 28 year old company,
with a specific focus on the Departments of Defense, Energy and Transportation.
- Midwestern based firm needed a respected executive with a demonstrated track record of developing long term,
successful partnerships with the right players in the right agencies in the Washington D.C. area.
- Successful candidate brought over 25 years of rainmaker experience, coupled with a "win-win" and team player mentality
that proved to be a great cultural fit.
- For a privately held leader in developing mission critical applications through applied research in
advanced manufacturing technologies
(e.g. Joining Technologies, Additive Manufacturing etc.),
- a newly created position,
Business Development Executive,
to focus exclusively on the Heavy Manufacturing industry -- e.g. manufacturers
of earth moving and mining equipment -- and commercial nuclear, shipbuilding and railroad
- Successful candidate brought highly relevant experience in heavy agriculture, automotive and advanced manufacturing processes.
Widely recognized as a HIPO (high potential), successful candidate will be personally mentored by the VP of Marketing and Sales, VP of HR and CEO.
- For a profitably growing, global provider of high tech provider of telecom, industrial and building solutions,
in the I-270 high tech corridor,
- a newly created General Management role,
Managing Director, U.S., to spearhead the growth of a U.S. security solutions company, highly respected for it's innovative technology and superior engineering
- European Group CEO needed the best person on the ground in the U.S. as soon as possible: from kick-off to candidate acceptance, the search took less than 3 months; successful candidate started in fourth month.
- Successful candidate is capitalizing on this "best of both worlds" opportunity - enjoying the agility and autonomy of a
"second stage" start-up with the capital resources and management expertise of the highly successful parent.
- For an established leader in the energy efficiency space, held up as a "Model for the Nation" during the last recent presidential campaign,
- a newly created position to support one of the largest data center users in the retail world reduce their carbon footprint
- Data Center Energy Engineer: Successful candidate brought unique combination of data center expertise and energy efficiency savvy.
- For a highly respected Systems Engineering Contractor
- Systems Engineering Team Lead, award winning Systems Engineering group, large high visibility FAA program Washington DC
- Thanks to multiple contract awards, our client had an ongoing need to build out its award-winning
System Engineering Group. Highly regarded for successfully designing and developing large-scale, real-time, state-of-the-art C4ISR systems,
our client has performed over 50 projects for the FAA, primarily in the area of terminal automation.
We helped them recruit a seasoned lead SE to help spearhead a high visibility enterprise architecture project.
(We're still recruiting additional SEs to assist with the day to day requirements management, programming and testing, and growing the team as needed to fulfill the contract.)
- For a privately held Integrated Energy Management and Commercial Building Infrastructure firm, with a dominant position in its segment of the
Data Center Cooling Solutions space:
- National Business Development Manager to sustain and grow current position in the rapidly growing data center market, by leveraging
existing relationships and developing new ones in underserved segments (e.g. mission critical data center architects, engineer and consulting firms,
firms, and other players involved in the design build and operation of mega data centers.
Product Manager, Mission Critical Data Center Solutions, Baltimore-Washington metro area
- Recognized leader for cooling solutions which optimize data center air flow, temperature, humidity. Successful candidate was product manager for the nearest direct competitor in the space. In addition to a BSME and MBA, successful candidate brought creativity and thought leadership in the data center cooling space to this most critical role. Tasked with helping to set the future direction of the marquis product line, successful candidate is not only reversing slipping market share but is on track to increase significantly. Every point gained translates into significant margin improvement.
- For a privately held, 125+ year
old, nationally ranked (ENR Top 50) electrical
firm, with operations in eight states, assisted in the successful recruitment of multiple experienced project executives and project managers for multiple time-sensitive positions, including:
- a Safety Director,
- with successful safety experience on high visibility commercial construction projects involving environmentally sensitive conditions and large numbers of workers (e.g. up to 1000 FTEs including electricians).
- Successful candidate hit the ground running and outstanding references confidently predict firm will be credited with a flawless safety track record upon project completion.
- a Vice President and Project Executive,
New York City
- with successful P&L experience managing major, high visibility mission critical (24x7x365) data center commercial construction projects
- successful candidate subsequently promoted to Branch Manager, NY Region
- In Detroit, two experienced project managers with strong industrial project management experience,
- end to end P&L responsibility for industrial project sizes of $500K
to $10M (electrical revenues only) gained as a project manager employed by an electrical contractor,
one with experience in the automotive space, and the other with experience in the petrochemical and refinery space
- Across the Mid-Atlantic, multiple commercial electrical construction professionals
with varying levels of experience, including project managers with experience managing projects ranging in size from $.5M to $25M (electrical revenues only),
an electrical estimator and a seasoned AutoCAD Technician
- For the fastest growing player in the data center services
segment of the mission critical facilities space,
growing over 30% annually, multiple sales and operations leadership
- "Top Gun" sales exec to spearhead the penetration of new construction and renovation design-build opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic region. Successful candidate successfully leveraged a strong rolodex of IT enterprise client relationships, introducing these valued clients to world class critical facilities infrastructure and support services.
- Manager of Design Build to oversee world class
mission critical data center services, ranging from assessment
and design to commissioning and ongoing operations; successful candidate subsequently promoted to Director, then to Vice President of Design Build
- Houston based Managing Sales Director, US to launch a Texas-based presence and to focus on developing business with key accounts in information intensive segments (e.g. Oil & Gas, Medical, Banking and Finance, Real Estate); successful candidate subsequently promoted to Vice President over all of Central U.S. Operations
- Multiple mission critical services sales exec searches in Atlanta, Baltimore, D.C., Houston,
Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco
- Regional, individual contributor Sales Executive, Northern VA, to focus on selling data center related solutions and services into a territory of new and existing accounts.
- For a leading manufacturer's representative in the Mid-Atlantic area for commercial mechanical HVAC products used in mission critical data centers, successfully recruited two HVAC Sales Engineers.
- First successful candidate had a BSME and an MSME, and successfully cultivated exceptionally strong relationships with mechanical contractors and mechanical design engineering firms, leading to significant increases in new business.
- Second (and most recent) successful candidate (BSME and graduate of Trane GTP) brings a proven track record of success in highly technical, consultative solution selling.
- For a privately held integrated commercial construction
management firm, consistently ranked in the top 50 electrical
- a Project Executive
to spearhead the $35M+ electrical portion of the construction of a
new American League baseball stadium.
- multiple contract commercial electrical
ranging from Associate Project Manager to Senior Project Manager,
with past successful P&L responsibility for projects ranging in size
from $.5M to $25M
- For a privately held, profitably growing leader in the commercial electrical construction
space, space (tri-state NYC/NJ/CT) metro area,
multiple positions including:
- Senior Estimator, NYC Local 3: successful candidate had 25+ years experience, was proficient in competitive bids and multiple electronic estimating software programs
- Estimator, for NY/CT, Commercial Electrical Construction,
- For a privately held rapidly growing national player in the mission critical infrastructure space:
- Business Development manager, to spearhead development of national strategic partners, nationwide; successful candidate subsequently promoted to Director of Marketing
- Western Regional Operations manager, to spearhead dedicated ongoing mission critical facilities operations and maintenance for a Fortune 10 client
- Multiple "bench strength" positions, including Design & Build Project Manager, Senior Estimator, Construction Manager, etc.
- For a rapidly growing $280M player in the facilities infrastructure services space, multiple positions including:
- VP Sales, Western Region, Western U.S.
- Senior Sales Director, Mid-Atlantic, Senior Sales Director, Ohio
- Senior Regional Operations Manager, Mid-Atlantic,
- Senior Regional Operations Manager, Houston
- Regional Operations Manager, Greensboro, Regional
Operations Manager, Chicagoland
- Senior Sales Director, Florida and San Francisco
- For the largest mission critical global
packet-switch network services provider:
- VP Operations, Americas and Caribbean
- For the leading national provider of mission
critical enterprise security solutions
- VP Business Development, Global Channels
- Multiple account sales roles
- For a rapidly growing start up in the network security space
- Multiple sales reps with IT Security software sales
- For the leading provider of multi-enterprise architecture solutions (nationally):
- Multiple strategic account executives (individual
- Multiple consulting solutions engineers (SEs)
- Multiple systems engineers, Systems Engineering (SE)
- Multiple Strategic Account Sales Managers
- For a leading provider of business
- Regional Sales Manager (western region), Regional Sales
- Systems Engineering Manager (national), Multiple Sales
- Closely held pre-IPO broadband networking
infrastructure play (Huntsville, AL)
- Chief Marketing Officer (promoted to President)
within six months
- VP of Marketing
- For a privately funded Internet
Infrastructure and rapid application
development services firm:
- VP of Marketing (promoted to Chief Marketing Officer)
- For a Pre-IPO Internet Infrastructure
solutions firm (Baltimore Washington metro
- CFO with prior successful IPO experience
- EVP Global Sales & Marketing
- VP HR and Director of Recruiting
- Multiple account representatives (nationally)
- Multiple consulting engineers, network engineers (CCIEs),
(For Industry or Function Specific Mission Critical assignments, see
Sales & Marketing Searches,
Finance, Accounting Audit
Mission Critical Open Positions
IT Security searches, and